Did you enjoy?
If you've enjoyed reading this page, please let us know and we will publish more.
Hot Crab in their Shells.
Most recipes use cleaned shells filled with white and brown crab meat. In France and Belgium they are known under the name "Crabe Farci". However there are some hot recipes that can be used as well.
This recipe makes 10, ready in one hour.
- 1kg of fresh white crab meat
- 300ml milk
- 150ml double cream
- 30g butter
- 30g flour
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp anchovy finely chopped
- 150g grated gruyere and parmesan
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- A small handful each of coriander, parsley and mint leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 10 crab shells size 14-15cms (C-Quest)
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 mixing bowl
- Mix crab meat with chopped herbs, lemon zest and season well.
- Put this mix to one side.
- Make a brown roux, add mustard powder and cook for at least a minute.
- Finish Béchamel with chilli sauce and anchovies.
- Add cheese, lemon juice and check seasoning.
- Combine the cheese sauce with the crab meat.
- Spoon the mixture into crab shells. Keep it in the fridge until ready to use.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- Finally place under a grill for a few moments to brown off the top.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with bread.